2 Year Health Guarantee
This contract is between______________________ (breeder) and ______________________(Hereafter “Buyer”)
and is entered on this date: ________________
Puppy Name: ______________
Born on: _________ Gender: ______
1. Puppy is guaranteed to be in good health, and has had its first round of immunizations. The buyer has Three business days to take the puppy to a veterinarian for an examination. If the puppy is found to be in poor health, the buyer has the option of returning the puppy to the seller, at buyer’s cost, for a full refund. The buyer will provide a written statement from a licensed veterinarian clearly stating defect or illness. If the puppy is not taken to a licensed veterinarian within the three business days, the aforementioned health warranty is void.
2. This warranty is for 2 years from the date of purchase. It covers the puppy against any debilitating congenital defects(defined as veterinarian recommends euthanasia). In the event the puppy exhibits symptoms of a suspected debilitating congenital defect, the buyer must supply any requested veterinary records to the seller within seven days of informing the seller of the defect. Breeder has the right to require a second opinion from a veterinarian of the breeders choice at the breeders expense. If the puppy is euthanized or in any way disposed of, without a second opinion from the breeders veterinarian, the buyer waives all rights stated in contract.
3. This warranty does not include viral illnesses including but not limited to parvo, distemper, and heartworms, infections, improper bites, hernias, hypoglycemia, Guardia, or Coccidiosis. It also does not include any illness due to the ingestion of foreign objects, food, chemicals or physical injury.
4. If the puppy should die from a suspected congenital defect within 2 years, an autopsy must be performed at the buyer’s expense by a licensed veterinarian acceptable to the breeders own veterinarian. If the autopsy shows a congenital defect as the reason for the death, the seller will provide buyer with a refund of purchase price or a replacement puppy of the same value. A written statement from the Veterinarian must be provided. This warranty is void in the event of an undetermined or inconclusive diagnosis.
5. Breeder does not cover any form of hypoglycemia(low blood sugar). To avoid hypoglycemia, make sure to offer your puppy food regularly and make sure your puppy doesn't get too cold. Puppies should have unlimited access to water.
6. No warranties or guarantees, expressed or implied, are made under this contract except as stated.
7. This warranty is non transferable.
1. The buyer agrees that their puppy will be housed indoors.
2. Breeder highly recommends feeding their puppy only a premium quality food. (not a food sold in grocery store)
3. The buyer agrees to keep their puppy at a healthy weight.
4. The buyer agrees to make and keep annual veterinary appointments for their puppy, keep all immunizations current according to the guidelines of the American Veterinary Medical Association and properly administer heartworm preventative medication.
5. The buyer agrees to postpone strenuous, repetitive exercise until after their puppy is over one year of age.
6. The buyer agrees to never place their puppy in a shelter, pound, or similar facility or research laboratory.
*Buyer agrees that at any time in the puppies life they can no longer keep said puppy for any reason, said puppy cab be returned to Breeder, at buyers expense, with no refund given. ___________________
Name: _______________________ Phone Number: ___________________
Signature_____________________________ Date: _______________
Name: ___________________ Phone Number: _________________
Signature_____________________ Date: ____________